Hitting the gym? Well, what are you doing prior to it? If you haven’t answered warm up, then you need to get yourself together as you are in dire need of changing that routine that you are following. A warm up is always essential when it comes to sports and other activities as well. It gets you in tone and tune for what you are about to make your body go through once you are done. A warm up is what keeps your muscles communicating with your other parts and letting them know that they are about to be traumatized by you and this communication is a very important part of your daily routine as it will keep you warmed up and also help you avoid injuries. Yes, your excitement to go use the equipment got through Grand Slam Fitness can be understood but you need to have a look at these warm up exercises first.
- Jump: Yes, jump. 20 reps and 2 sets. This will get your heart rate up and you will be getting yourself ready for some cardio. Make sure you do not jump too high or anything. Normal jumps are good enough.
- Jog on spot: Do not move, just act like you are running but while you do so, make sure your knees are coming up as high as possible. Do it for about 30 seconds and rest. This may get you a bit weary and breathless but make sure you develop a breathing technique with time.
- Lunges: Side lunges have been the best stretching exercises since a long time. Apart from side lunges, you can also try forward and backward lunges. Make sure you do it slowly and in a few numbers as you can injure yourself. However, performing lunges is like one of the most basic forms of warm up exercises.
- Push ups: Yes. You need those muscles to communicate and let them know that there are dumbbells coming at them as well. So this makes for a pretty decent warm up for them.
- Neck twists: While working out, your posture tends to vary a lot and keeping your neck in a top notch condition is very important as it should be able to take the load of your intense workout. So do a few neck twists and let them communicate as well. While doing this, make sure you do it slowly and do not just go about snapping your neck from side to side.
Performing the above mentioned warm up exercises will make sure that your body is well informed of what is about to come at it and will be prepped accordingly. However, if you intend to skip this part of your session, then you are more prone to injuries. Hence, make it a point to perform the warm up exercises everyday and compile it up with your work out routines as it will become a part of your gym session and you will not put yourself at risk as well.