If you are planning to hit the gym or have just begun working out, then you need to know that warming up is one of the most important steps before you hit the gym. On day one of the gym, you may find yourself pretty exhausted even before you touch any equipment as your body would have just gone through the warm up and since it was not used to it, it would need time. You need not worry and look down on yourself as unfit as it happens to everyone on day one.
Second day onward you learn to breathe and train yourself accordingly and save some energy for other exercises as you know your capacity. Eventually, you will find yourself taking it up by a notch every single time you hit the gym. It may seem all fancy and nice to workout with all the solid fitness equipment that you just got through Grand Slam Fitness, but the thing that stays constant is the fact that warm up is essential before any workout. In fact, a warm up is most important before you begin your day full of chores and work. Here are a few warm up exercises to help you out:
– Stretch: Stretching is one of the most basic forms of warm up. You might have been seeing this since school time. It is vital to stretch and loosen your muscles before you start putting all the weight and force on them. So make sure you stretch your arms, legs and a few hip twists as well should make it fine.
– Jump: You need to get your heart racing a bit. You may have to do your cardio later on and for that your heart needs to gear up and be ready to take it on. So perform the jumps in two sets with reps of 20 and you are good to go.
– Joint rotation: Your joints of neck, arms and legs will be taking a lot once you start working out and hence it is very important for them to be in form. So rotate those joints and keep them in shape for they have to bare a lot more that is coming their way.
– Skip: Skipping is one the most effective forms of warm up. The amount of benefits that are offered by skipping is something that cannot be compensated with. Start with a few skips and build them with time eventually. Do not worry if you trip over the rope in the beginning as it happens to almost everyone.
– Squat: Squats are also a great form of warm up. You get to strengthen your thighs and calves and also squats help in getting you lean with your lower body. Performing squats in sets of two with 15 reps each will take you a long way.
Remember, if you end up skipping warm up sessions, you may end up with an injury that could have been avoided. Hence, stay sharp, stay safe!